Part Time Maintenance Worker
The City of Yuma is looking for a skilled part-time year round maintenance worker to keep our facilities functional by assisting with repairs and upkeep.
- Perform minor repairs on various equipment and systems
- Install equipment such as copiers, printers, and other office equipment
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Planning scheduled maintenance
- Repairing equipment
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Perform other related duties and activities as required
Skill and Ability to:
- Effectively use a variety of hand and power tools
- Perform a variety of physical labor including climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching, and standing for long periods of time, lift and carry boxes, tools, equipment, and materials,
- Review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors,
- Follow oral and/or written instructions, communicate effectively in both oral and written form, maintain work logs and service requests,
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments.
- Operate utility, vehicles, riding mower, weed eater, rakes, brooms, shovels, hoses and other ground maintenance equipment
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position is preferred
- Basic working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possession of a valid Colorado driver\'s license, willingness to work outside (if necessary) in inclement weather
If you are interested in this position, you can pick up an application at Yuma City Hall, 320 South Main Street, Yuma, CO 80759 or online at yumacolo.org.
Salary Range: $14.00 to $16.00 DOQ
Pre-employment requirements will include a criminal background check and drug and alcohol screen. A City employment application is required. The City of Yuma is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Yuma Police Department-Police Officer
Yuma Police Department-Police Officer-Deadline for applications, November 16, 2020 at 5 PM
The City of Yuma Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer. Applications must be Colorado Post Certified, at least 21 YOA, HS diploma or equivalent, clean driving record/criminal history. Bilingual is a plus. Starting salary $45,000, benefit package/FPPA retirement. Hiring process includes, but not limited to, written, oral and psychological testing, CVSA, medical exam with drug screening. Applicant must be willing to work a flexible/rotating schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Selected candidate will be required to enforce state law and city municipal code.
The City of Yuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Equipment Operator and Laborer
The City of Yuma,Colorado,Street Department has an opening for a full-time Equipment Operator and Laborer. Compensation starts at $ 12.50 to $15 hourly DOQ. Under the direction of the Street Superintendent, the laborer is responsible for the operation, maintenance repairs, and construction of City's streets, alleys, and roadway systems. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a CDL of class B license or higher, and be insurable under the City's insurance policy. The position will be required to take on-call rotation. Pre-employment requirements will include a criminal background check drug and alcohol screening. A City employment application is required. The City of Yuma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information or to receive an application, contact Blake Sewell, Street Superintendent at 970-360-9813 or online at yumacolo.org. The position will remain open until filled.