Part Time Maintenance Worker
The City of Yuma is looking for a skilled part-time year round maintenance worker to keep our facilities functional by assisting with repairs and upkeep.
- Perform minor repairs on various equipment and systems
- Install equipment such as copiers, printers, and other office equipment
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Planning scheduled maintenance
- Repairing equipment
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Perform other related duties and activities as required
Skill and Ability to:
- Effectively use a variety of hand and power tools
- Perform a variety of physical labor including climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching, and standing for long periods of time, lift and carry boxes, tools, equipment, and materials,
- Review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors,
- Follow oral and/or written instructions, communicate effectively in both oral and written form, maintain work logs and service requests,
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments.
- Operate utility, vehicles, riding mower, weed eater, rakes, brooms, shovels, hoses and other ground maintenance equipment
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position is preferred
- Basic working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possession of a valid Colorado driver\'s license, willingness to work outside (if necessary) in inclement weather
If you are interested in this position, you can pick up an application at Yuma City Hall, 320 South Main Street, Yuma, CO 80759 or online at yumacolo.org.
Salary Range: $14.00 to $16.00 DOQ
Pre-employment requirements will include a criminal background check and drug and alcohol screen. A City employment application is required. The City of Yuma is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Yuma Police Department-Police Officer
Yuma Police Department-Police Officer-Deadline for applications, March 19, 2021 at 5 PM
The City of Yuma Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer. Applications must be Colorado Post Certified, at least 21 YOA, HS diploma or equivalent, clean driving record/criminal history. Bilingual is a plus. Starting salary $45,000, benefit package/FPPA retirement. Hiring process includes, but not limited to, written, oral and psychological testing, CVSA, medical exam with drug screening. Applicant must be willing to work a flexible/rotating schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Selected candidate will be required to enforce state law and city municipal code.
The City of Yuma is an equal opportunity employer.
The City of Yuma Swimming pool is currently seeking seasonal lifeguarding positions. The position will be from May 2021, until August 2021. Starting salary is $12.32 per hour. Positions open until filled. Interviews will start March 29, 2021.
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of this course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed. Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound subject. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Lifeguards and WSI: Certified through Red Cross or other qualified organizations are encouraged to apply.
The City conducts pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing as well as pre-employment background checks. Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 320 South Main Street, Yuma, CO 80759 or you can find it online at yumacolo.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
5 Month Seasonal Position
The City of Yuma is now accepting applications for a part time, five month, Field Manager in the Parks and Recreation Department. Duties include; perform a daily survey of all Parks facilities, to include, mowing, weed trimming, weed spraying, tree trimming, trash pickup, and supervise irrigation needs at all parks.
Applicants required knowledge, skill and experience: Operate utility vehicles, riding mower, weed eater, and other ground maintenance equipment and have a basic understanding of irrigation systems and watering practices. Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license. Salary range from $12.50 - $14.00 per hour DOE. Position is open until filled.