Yuma Police Department-Police Officer
Yuma Police Department-Police Officer-Deadline for applications, position open until filled.
The City of Yuma Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer. Applications must be Colorado Post Certified, at least 21 YOA, HS diploma or equivalent, clean driving record/criminal history. Bilingual is a plus. Starting salary $45,000, benefit package/FPPA retirement. Hiring process includes, but not limited to, written, oral and psychological testing, CVSA, medical exam with drug screening. Applicant must be willing to work a flexible/rotating schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Selected candidate will be required to enforce state law and city municipal code.
The City of Yuma is an equal opportunity employer.
Animal Care Agent
Animal Care Agent
The City of Yuma is in search of a part time Animal Care Agent for the animal shelter. The responsibilities will include:
- Contain and secure dogs at large and transport to shelter or clinic as appropriate.
- Responsible for daily care of animals while housed in the animal shelter.
- Responsible for understanding the State of Colorado’s rules and regulations for adoption processes.
- Implement quarantine procedures as needed and in cooperation with the Colorado Health Department for rabies control.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Prepares and submits any required reports to the City Manager.
- Cleaning and the maintenance of the animal shelter.
- Maintains animal control equipment, vehicle and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work hours will be between the hours of 8-5 Monday through Friday.
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain a Colorado Driver’s license and be insurable under the City’s insurance policy. Pre-employment requirements will include a criminal background check and drug screen. A city employment application is required. The City of Yuma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information or to receive an application, contact Scott Moore, City Manager, at 970-848-3878 ext 2107, via email at email@example.com, or by U.S. mail at City of Yuma, PO Box 265, 320 South Main Street, Yuma, CO 80759. Position will stay open until filled.
For a complete job description please visit yumacolo.org.
Salary range: $12.53 to $14.00 DOQ